Monday, July 30, 2007

Felting 101




On the Left is a picture of what I now call my fuzzy brain. It all started out as a ruffled coffee cozy like the blue one on the right. I thought I was following the directions on the pattern right but I ended up using a whole skein of yarn. It was one big ruffle so I tossed it into the wash machine. It came out looking like this so I was showing my family and we all thought hey it looks like a brain so that is why it is now known as "My fuzzy brain".
So I got to work making up my own version of the coffee cozy so the blue cozies on the right turned out a lot better and I did not use a whole skein to make them. The one with the ruffle is mine and the one without is for my husband Dave.
I am now working on a beaded version of the coffee cozy to be posted soon. I can't wait to see what they look like once they have been felted.

2 comments:

Charlene ("Cat") Therien said...

Hi Helaine! Thank you so much for adding my website to your links list. What a sweet, sweet thing to do. Happy tea to you today! (How about some sassafrass with me?)

Hugs,
Cat

Helaine said...

Thanks Cat
I sent you an email so check it out.

Hugs,
Helaine

Powered by WebRing.